In order to comply with the Farm Service Agency program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit their FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline.
The following acreage reporting dates are applicable for Minnesota counties:
    - Nov. 15: Fall-seeded crops intended to by harvested in 2020 (rye, winter wheat, etc.).
    - Jan. 2, 2020: Apiculture.
    - Jan. 15, 2020: Apples.
    - July 15, 2020: All other crops.
    The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:
    - If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.
    - If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.
    - If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of cover only, green manure, left standing, or seed, then the acreage must be reported by July 15.
    Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program policy holders should note that the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the dates listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the crop begins.
    For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, contact your FSA office.
    With the weather and farm economics we have experienced this year, there is no doubt farming has been tense and putting strain on all farmers. Reaching out to others can help deal with farm stress. Often, you live where you work. Your co-workers may be your spouse or other family members. While you get to be your own boss, you feel responsible for a lot and can control very little. Financial problems, price and marketing uncertainties, farm transfer issues, production challenges, marital difficulties and social pressures can be real sources of stress for farmers and farm family members. Listed below you will find some of the people and organizations in Minnesota who are ready to help:
    - Help for stress, anxiety, depression and anger: Minnesota Farm and Rural Helpline 833-600-2670, Free, confidential and 24/7. Calls are answered by trained staff and volunteers located in Minnesota. If you or someone you know is struggling with stress, anxiety, depression or suicidal thoughts – call. Sometimes it is easier to talk to somebody you do not know. Translators available.
    - Ted Matthews, rural mental health counselor: 320-266-2390, Matthews works with farmers across the state. No cost; no paperwork. The service is available thanks to funds from the Minnesota Legislature.
    - Mobile crisis teams: Available in every county, counselors can respond quickly and provide in-person, short-term counseling or mental health services during a crisis or emergency.
    Farm Service Agency is an Equal Opportunity Lender. Complaints about discrimination should be sent to: Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250. Visit the Farm Service Agency Web site at: for necessary application forms and updates on USDA programs.