The United States Department of Agriculture service centers are encouraging visitors to take proactive protective measures to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.
    USDA service centers in Minnesota will continue to be open for business by phone appointment only, and field work will continue with appropriate social distancing. While our program delivery staff will continue to come into the office, they will be working with our producers by phone and using online tools whenever possible. All visitors wishing to conduct business with the Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service or any other service center agency are required to call their service center to schedule a phone appointment. In the event a service center is closed, producers can receive assistance from the closest alternate service center by phone.
    FSA’s Farm Loan Program division is continuing to provide full services through mail, by phone and by email. Borrowers needing checks endorsed are asked to mail their checks to the office and Farm Loan Program staff will endorse them and mail them back the same day they are received. Please contact your local FSA office with any questions.

Youth loans
    The FSA makes operating loans of up to $5,000 to eligible individual youths ages 10 to 20 to finance income-producing, agriculture-related projects. The project must be of modest size, educational, and initiated, developed and carried out by youths participating in 4-H clubs, FFA, tribal youth organizations or similar agricultural-affiliated groups. The project must be an organized and supervised program of work. It must be planned and operated with the assistance of the organization advisor, produce sufficient income to repay the loan, and provide the youth with practical business and educational experience in agriculture-related skills.
    These loans can finance many kinds of income-producing agricultural projects. The loan funds may be used to:
    - Buy livestock, seed, equipment and supplies.
    - Buy, rent or repair needed tools and equipment.
    - Pay operating expenses for the project.
    For more information on youth loans, visit or call your FSA office.
    Farm Service Agency is an Equal Opportunity Lender. Complaints about discrimination should be sent to: Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250. Visit the Farm Service Agency Web site at: for necessary application forms and updates on USDA programs.