Farm Storage Facility Loans provide low-interest financing so producers can build or upgrade facilities to store commodities. Some storage and handling trucks are eligible for the FSFL. These include:
    - Cold storage trucks: A van or truck designed to carry perishable freight at specific temperatures. Cold storage trucks can be ice-cooled or equipped with any variety of mechanical refrigeration systems.
    - Flatbed trucks: Truck with an open body in the form of a platform with no side walls for easy loading and unloading. These trucks can be categorized into different sizes which range from light, medium or heavy duty, compact or full-size, or short and expandable beds.
    - Grain trucks: A piece of farm equipment specially made to accommodate grain products and are traditionally truck chassis units with a mounted grain dump body where grain commodities are transported from a field to either a grain elevator or a storage bin.
    - Storage trucks with a chassis unit: commonly referred to as a box truck, box van or straight truck, is a truck with a cargo body mounted on the same chassis with the engine and cab.
    To be eligible for FSFL, the storage and handling truck must be less than 15 years old and have a maximum of four axles with a gross weight rating of 60,000 pounds or less. Pick-up trucks, semi-trucks, dump trucks and simple insulated and ventilated vans are ineligible for FSFL.
    FSFL for storage and handling trucks must be $100,000 or less. FSFL-financed storage and handling trucks must be used for the purpose for which they were acquired for the entire FSFL term.
    Eligible commodities include grains, oilseeds, pulse crops, hay, honey, renewable biomass commodities, fruits and vegetables, floriculture, hops, maple sap, milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, eggs, meat/poultry (unprocessed), rye and aquaculture.
    For more information or to apply for a FSFL, contact your FSA office.
    Lastly, we want to wish all of the hardworking farmers we serve a happy holiday season and hope for a great New Year.
    Farm Service Agency is an Equal Opportunity Lender. Complaints about discrimination should be sent to: Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250. Visit the Farm Service Agency Web site at: for necessary application forms and updates on USDA programs.