September 5, 2017 at 3:32 p.m.
Nominations for county committee now accepted
Producers of legal voting age who own or operate farmland in the local administrative area that is up for election, or who participate in FSA programs, may be nominated to serve on the county committee. Individuals may nominate themselves or others as candidates. Also, organizations representing socially disadvantaged minorities and women farmers may also nominate candidates.
A nomination form, FSA-669A, is available at the county FSA office, or can be downloaded from the FSA web site at http://www.fsa.usda.gov.
To be valid, the nomination form must be signed by the person being nominated. The form must also be postmarked or returned to the FSA county office by close of business on August 3, 2015.
ARC and PLC Acreage Maintenance
Producers enrolled in Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) or Price Loss Coverage (PLC) must protect all cropland and noncropland acres on the farm from wind and water erosion and noxious weeds. Producers who sign ARC county or individual contracts and PLC contracts agree to effectively control noxious weeds on the farm according to sound agricultural practices. If a producer fails to take necessary actions to correct a maintenance problem on a farm that is enrolled in ARC, or PLC, the county committee may elect to terminate the contract for the program year.
A list of noxious weeds can be found on the following website: http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxiousDriver.
2015 acreage reporting dates
In order to comply with FSA program eligibility requirements, all producers are encouraged to visit their local FSA office to file an accurate crop certification report by the applicable deadline.
• November 15, 2014: Fall seeded small grains, Forage Production - fall seeding (insured/no insurance), Forage for grazing including pasture and Forage Production - prior year seeding (insured/no insurance).
• January 2, 2015: honey
• January 15, 2015: apples
• May 31, 2015: nursery crops
• July 15, 2015: all other crops
The following exceptions apply to the above acreage reporting dates:
• If the crop has not been planted by the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 15 calendar days after planting is completed.
• If a producer acquires additional acreage after the above acreage reporting date, then the acreage must be reported no later than 30 calendars days after purchase or acquiring the lease. Appropriate documentation must be provided to the county office.
• If a perennial forage crop is reported with the intended use of "cover only," "green manure," "left standing," or "seed," then the acreage must be reported by July 15.
Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) policy holders should note that the acreage reporting date for NAP covered crops is the earlier of the dates listed above or 15 calendar days before grazing or harvesting of the crop begins.
For questions regarding crop certification and crop loss reports, please contact your local county office.
Farm Service Agency is an Equal Opportunity Provider & employer, Complaints about discrimination should be sent to: Secretary of Agriculture, 1400 Independence Ave. SW, Washington, D.C. 20250. Visit the Farm Service Agency website at: www.fsa.usda.gov/
To Submit an Event Sign in first
No calendar events have been scheduled for today.