September 5, 2017 at 3:32 p.m.
DCP/ACRE signup begins for 2013
The 2013 DCP and ACRE program provisions are unchanged from 2012, except that all eligible participants in 2013 may choose to enroll in either DCP or ACRE for the 2013 crop year. This means that eligible producers who were enrolled in ACRE in 2012 may elect to enroll in DCP in 2013 or may re-enroll in ACRE in 2013. Likewise, producers who were enrolled in DCP may opt for ACRE enrollment.
FSA encourages producers to come in early to apply for the DCP/ACRE program in 2013. Give our office a call before you come and FSA can save you time by setting up an appointment to complete your eligibility paperwork and sign the annual DCP/ACRE contracts.
MILC program extension
All dairy producers' MILC contracts are automatically extended to Sept. 30, 2013. Eligible producers therefore do not need to re-enroll in MILC.
• Any milk producers who have made changes (share changes) in their milk operation will need to complete a CCC-580M (modification) to the original application.
• A MILC payment rate of $0.023 has been computed for October 2012 of FY2013. Prior to processing FY2013 payments; software must be enhanced; Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) forms must be completed by every producer who will request a 2013 MILC payment.
2011 Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program
The signup for 2011 losses runs through June 7, 2013.
The Supplemental Revenue Assistance Program (SURE) provides benefits for farm revenue losses due to natural disasters that incurred in the crop year 2011. SURE is available to eligible producers on:
• Farms in counties with Secretarial disaster declarations, including contiguous counties, that have incurred crop production or quality losses, or both, and includes all crops grown by a producer nationwide, except grazed crops.
• Any farm in which, for the crop year, at least one crop of economic significance must have a 10 percent or greater loss. Or if not a disaster designated county, a greater than 50 percent production loss.
SURE does not cover grazing losses.
Payments will be issued on 60 percent of the difference between; SURE Program Guarantee and the total farm revenue, not to exceed 90 percent of the expected revenue for the farm. SURE payments are directly affected by the level of crop insurance purchased. The better levels provide a greater SURE program guarantee.
The total farm revenue:
A farm is the sum of all crop acreage in all counties by the eligible producer, and includes; all counter-cyclical payments, 15 percent of DCP/ACRE Direct payments, all crop insurance or NAP indemnities and all marketing loan gains and any other disaster assistance payments.
To be eligible for SURE payments, a producer is required to obtain crop insurance on all crops in all counties or, if crop insurance is not available, to participate in the Non-Insured Assistance Program (NAP) except for grazed acreage. However, crop insurance or NAP coverage is no longer required for crops that are not of economic significance (less than five percent of the value of crops on farm) or those where the administrative fee required to buy NAP coverage exceeds 10 percent of the value of the coverage.
Signup for 2011 crop losses under SURE program can be completed until June 7, 2013.
Sign up for GovDelivery newsletters at: http//www.fsa.usda.gov/subscribe.
Upcoming deadlines for 2013
• March 25 - Hispanic and Women Farmer and Rancher Claims Period ends
• March 31 - Final date for Marketing Assistance Loan on small grain.
• April 5 - Deadline to submit PTPP application.
• June 7 - SURE applications due for 2011 crop losses
More information about CRP, MILC, and other FSA programs and where to find your local USDA Service Center can be found at www.fsa.usda.gov.
Farm Service Agency is an Equal Opportunity Lender. Complaints about discrimination should be sent to: Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250. Visit the Farm Service Agency Web site at: www.fsa.usda.gov/ for necessary application forms and updates on USDA programs.
To Submit an Event Sign in first
No calendar events have been scheduled for today.